20 years ago my wife Emilia and I decided to start a new life on the old farm of my parents in Ciempozuelos, Madrid. Since this is a very fertile area, we first started to cultivate vegetables, but later we noticed that livestock breeding has been our true passion. We focused on sheep and began to raise lambs.
Surely, it was not an easy journey and on several occasions we were very close to throw in the towel. When you create your own product you do not only have to worry about its production but also need to think about the people that will try it. Step by step, we improved as breeders and cheese makers. The first international success we had was in 2015 when we won the silver medal for Best Raw Sheep Cheese in the World at the INTERNATIONAL CHEESE AWARDS
in Nantwich (United Kingdom). I believe that this price gave us the confidence to continue to bet on small productions of our cheeses where we ourselves could control every step of the production process. In doing so, today we are calling a herd of 1.000 animals our own.
After winning the medal in 2015, our success story continued:
2017-2018 WORLD CHEESE AWARD (London, UK):
2017 INTERNATIONAL CHEESE AWARDS:
- Gold medal for our “Añejo” cheese as the world’s best pure sheep cheese.
- Silver medal for our “Añejo” cheese in the category of small producers.
- Bronze medal for our cured cheese as third-best pure sheep cheese in the world.
- Bronze medal for our cured cheese in the category of small producers.
2016-2017 SUPER GOLD WORLD CHEESE AWARDS (Donostia/San Sebastián, Spain):
- Bronze medal for our cured cheese as world’s best pure sheep cheese.
- Gold medal for our handmade “Añejo” cheese.
From now on, our objective is to create a direct channel with the consumers in order to know exactly what amount of cheese to produce each season.