organic regenerative pistachios
AlVelAl

organic regenerative pistachios

De boer verzendt (nog) niet naar:  Verenigde Staten
Andere projecten bekijken
Informatie
Geschiedenis
Het project

Adopt a pistachio tree from the "AlVelAl" farm in Chirivel (Spanje) and receive your organic regenerative pistachios at home. Santiaga will take care of your adoption and take its picture. You will also be able to download the adoption certificate, and if you wish, plan your visit to the farm. You do not enter into any long-term commitment: Although your adoption will be renewed automatically, you will always be informed in advance and may decide to cancel your adoption at any time as long as the preparation has not yet begun.

seal icon
Kunststofvrij
seal icon
Aanvullende analyses
seal icon
Milieudeskundige
seal icon
Ervaren boer
seal icon
Familieboerderij
seal icon
Teelt in dunbevolkte gebieden
Officiële certificaten
seal icon
Biologisch
Wat adopteer je?

You adopt a pistachio tree from our farm in Chirivel (Spanje). The cultivation here is certified as organic by the European Union as of 2017. When placing the adoption you can choose a name which we will use to identify your pistachio tree. AlVelAl pistachios are part of a project to regenerate the land, which has been hard hit by desertification and degradation. Our farms are located on the Altiplano plateau in SE Spain, in what we call 'AlVelAl territory'. The farms stand at between 700 and 1000 metres above sea level. 95% of the land uses rain-fed irrigation, while the other 5% uses rescue irrigation (minimum irrigation at key moments), thereby all part of an eco-regenerative model. The altitude of the pistachio trees, the rain-fed production and the richness of the soils managed with regenerative agriculture techniques all give our pistachios a unique taste and organoleptic characteristics typical of our territory. We carry out regenerative agriculture practices based on soil conservation and restoration, water collection on the ground and the promotion of biodiversity, which are more than the levels required by the organic certificate. This forms a healthy mosaic ecosystem that is resilient to the challenges of the climate crisis. By adopting one of our pistachio trees, you'll be a true regenerator of our territory, as if we achieve the profitability of the model, more producers will adopt it on their farms. And the more regenerative farms, the more hectares of our territory restored. This gives better employment and economic opportunities in our region, so will attract and retain more people. You can be a true regenerator and restore the nature, society and the economy of AlVelAl territory! Your adoption is 9 years old and its maximum lifespan is 50 years. For as long as you want to keep your adoption, and we can continue taking care of it, you can renew year after year. If your adoption stops producing for any reason, we will replace it with another, and guarantee you the delivery from the production of other units. Your pistachio tree produces an average of 1kg of organic regenerative pistachios each season.

Wat krijg je?

We will send you the box that you choose when placing the adoption. __Small box__: 2 x unsalted roasted pistachios (500g compostable paper bag) __Big box__: 4 x unsalted roasted pistachios (500g compostable paper bag) The unsalted roasted pistachios are of the Kerman variety, which are pollinated through the Peter and Egino species. They're roasted at a low temperature without added salt. They're nuts with an intense flavour thanks to their rainfed cultivation. Ideal to eat whole at any time, they also give hints of flavour and a special crunch to your salads, cheese platters and sauces. Conservation tips: We recommend storing your pistachios at room temperature away from direct sunlight and sources of radiation. A glass jar with an airtight seal will allow them to keep for up to twelve months.

Wanneer ontvang je het?

You'll receive them during the first half of the year.

Waarom zou je adopteren?
Weet wie je voedsel produceert, hoe en waar. Koop je voedsel op een bewuste, directe en consistente manier.
Door in te kopen zonder tussenpersonen kan de producent betere prijzen krijgen. Dit helpt om betere banen en sociale normen te creëren op het platteland.
Als je iets adopteert, zorg je ervoor dat de producent kan verkopen tegen een vaste prijs en produceren op aanvraag. Dit voorkomt voedselverspilling van producten die worden verbouwd maar niet verkocht.
Het ondersteunt producenten die streven naar milieuvriendelijke verpakkingen en teeltpraktijken.
versión: 0.87.0_20230124_131128