World-renowned beekeeper Gilles Fert, author of “Raising Honeybee Queens” and expert on all things honey, shares his wisdom on a number of bee-related subjects with us:
- Why do most beekeepers end up losing 30% of their bee colonies?
- Can everyone become a beekeeper?
- How many bees does it take to produce a gram of honey?
- How come bees are sometimes fed with sugar water?
- Why do some honey types crystallize quicker than others?
- What´s the social structure of a bee colony like?
In this episode, we not only learn about the secret life of bees and how to keep them happy, but Gilles also discusses his personal journey with us – how he became a global beekeeping consultant – as well as giving us some insight on honey itself.
You can download the episodes of our podcast in audio format on all of the usual streaming platforms (Spotify, ApplePodcasts, you name it) or here.
Because we could only record this podcast in one language, we chose English in order to reach as many people as possible.